Do you want to become famous?

I've never had a desire to become famous. Rich? Yes - but not famous. What makes someone want to become famous? Especially today when the truly famous are followed by cameras all the time it seems like it would be the worst experience.

I don't think famous is meant to be my journey since I am Introvert kind of person. And plus I'm not very social either, I keep to myself most of the time.

• Cas

I guess it would be nice to be "well known" for being good at something. If I won a prize for some kind of research or discovery that would be awesome. Maybe that is what it means for some people. Maybe Tom Hanks appreciates the recognition that he gets for the great work that he does. People like being recognized in their field of expertise. Some people just want to be famous for the heck of it. That does not sound fun at all.

• I'll never understand why anyone wouldnt, ive spent all my life walking out the house, posting pics on fb and no one knowing me which means having no reason to have a nice body and wear nice clothes when i go out. I would love to go out the house and have people know who i am, and have people thinking omg when they see me, id love to post on social media and know that id be inspiring and a good example on many people with my posts and id love to know that always somewhere someone will be googling me and id love to die knowing that the world would know and knowing that i meant something to the world. Ive spent 21 years unfamous and ill be along when im dead so id like to be known now.

No, I have no desire to be famous.

• Nancy

Human nature. Instinct. The same thing that makes every little kid who has ever existed say "watch me, watch me" for just about anything and everything they can think of to do, like being watched doing it makes it better.

That aside, don't ignore the power aspect of fame. With fame comes influence, and influence is power. Power is extremely seductive, so seductive that people continue to take all the bad of fame in exchange for all of its trappings and seductions and power.

• Nunya

Not really. It sounds nice but I can't even handle my coworkers being needy. I think you have to be very extroverted for fame.