Can I get another phone contract if I still owe Verizon 1,500$ and I'm willing to pay verizon back in payments?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

This is a joke, right? You stiff a business for $1500, and now you expect them to extend you additional credit before your balance has been paid? What kind of fantasy land do you live in?

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

That's up to Verizon, depends how much you are willing to pay each month and your past status with them.  $500 a month is going to be looked at very differently from say $5 a month.

• 2 weeks ago

Go prepaid, it's your only option.

Even when you pay off the debt, expect a significant (+1000) deposit. Until then, no postpaid mobile service.

Your credit has likely taken a large hit as well.

• 2 weeks ago

Paying back what you owe now is an excellent idea but will only work to help prevent your credit record getting worse.

Reading between the lines here, you have a proven history with Verizon of having failed to make payments according to schedule. That information will have been shared to credit agencies, so it’s unlikely that anyone will want to enter into any contract with you which demands regular periodic repeating payments. It will take time and a record of making other payments in full and punctually, without fail, before your credit record persuades others that you can be trusted again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Probably not with Verizon. At least until you pay them back and maybe even not then. 

Maybe with another company but many do check your credit and if it's poor because you owe someone else they may require a downpayment in advance.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.