Statistics Help- Interval/Hypothesis Testing?

I have a project coming up for my statistic class, I really don't know where to start. If someone could give me a starting point/explain how/ give me help that would be great! Below are one question with, what I believe should be, interval and one with hypothesis. 

The board of trustees at A and J college understand that variation exists in summary statistics due to the randomness of samples.  Thus, they want an estimate of the proportion of graduates that use support services with 95% confidence.  Using the provided data, find and interpret an estimate of the proportion of graduates that used support services with 95% confidence. 

Interval  

a. State the interval used and any necessary assumptions to use the formulation. 

b. State the probability distribution used to find the interval. 

c. State the point estimate (Value) 

d. State the confidence interval 

e. State your interpretation of the interval 

The board of trustees at A and J college want to know if evidence from the data suggest that only a minority of students use support services. Support the results using statistical analysis at a 10% level of significance.  Note: a minority is less than 50%, a majority is more than 50%. 

Hypothesis  

a. State the test or interval used and any necessary assumptions to conduct the test. 

b. State the hypothesis in words relating to the question and as symbols. 

c. State the probability distribution used to find critical values. 

d. State and interpret the test statistic 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.