Snoopy
Lv 5
Snoopy asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 3 weeks ago

What's the difference between Nazism and mafia ?

Update:

Ideologically... Nazism just seems like an extreme form of it. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Nazism is a political ideology that advocates genocide. Mafia is primarily interested in making money.

• 3 weeks ago

The mafia is an organized crime group, setting out to work together in crime, i.e., taking money from people illegally, selling them illegal things, of killing them.

The Nazis were a political party, rather right in the political spectrum, but, with some very left ideas as well.  While they ended up acting in extreme ways, they were voted in, i.e., wanted by the people of Germany.  The Mafia is not wanted.

• 3 weeks ago

There are enormous differences; all they have in common is ethnocentrism, sexual hierarchy, and aggression.

Nazism (and many of its adherents) had & tried to execute (no pun intended) a grand vision for their country. The Mafia is mostly just about making money.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The Nazis wore uniforms. They also had a nationwide program for turning everyone else into Nazis, given time. But other than that, no much.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The Mafia was an Italian "thing". One of Benito Mussolini's goals was to eliminate the Mafia in Italy and Sicily, so I presume that the Mafia was not fascist. 

Nazism's goal was (and is for neo-nazis) control of the nation's government, and, through the government, the nation's people. The Mafia's goal is to control what makes money: transportation, entertainment, the "sin industries like gambling and prostitution. I don't know if they want to control the economy by controlling the union dues.

• Snoopy
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Not really the mafia emerged long after fascism died. 

• 3 weeks ago

The phones are the differences since they have different colors for each phone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.