Can (fully) blind people navigate with their eyes closed?

The last couple of days I ve been watching some blind Youtubers with guide dogs (Molly Burke and Joy Ross). What I noticed, is that they still move their eyes and look at the person they re talking to or where they re going even though they can t see a thing. So I was wondering if closing their eyes makes them feel a different type of way which makes them unable to navigate as well as they do with their eyes open

2 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Maybe they have been taught to do that so the person being spoken to isn't weirded out.

• I don't know either person, but in general most blind people can see some. They may see only in shades of gray, only see things very close or very far away, or any of a number of issues. And all blind people learn to look at where sound is coming from. Partly because it is known people feel very uncomfortable when people don't look at them when they speak. Actually often people with low vision .an navigate better with thei r eyes closed.  With eyes closed their other sense are relied upon more and are not distracted 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.