Trans, do you think there has been an improvement to how you are treated by society as a whole?

Give examples in your answers. I run a human (and also animal rights) channel on YouTube and I like to gather research on such matters.

I am totally pro-trans community.

• Favorite Answer

When I first came out only one state had anti-discrimination laws that included trans people, now 20 do.

When I first came out no insurance company covered transitional medical care, now many do.

When I first came out there were no positive trans role models on TV or other media, now there are a good number.

When I first came out being trans was considered a mental disorder, now it isn't.

When I first came out the idea of trans people openly serving in the US military was a crazy pipe dream, but today (despite Trump) there are a lot of trans people openly serving.

When I first came out talking openly about trans people in public just wasn't done. Or if it was it was in angry disparaging tones that might also involve a physical assault. Now you see discussions all over the media and most of it tends to be  positive.

When I first came out there were only two gender therapists in my whole state, now there are more than a dozen.

When I first came out there was only one endocrinologist in the state that dealt with trans people, now there are more than a dozen. And that's not including the services provided by Planned Parenthood.

How's that?

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)
    • Thank you for the best answer. As I like to say, I'm just what I can to hopefully educate people and make things better for trans people that come after me.

not in the uk, thats for sure

I have never really experienced transphobia outside of maybe homophobic bullying about why I behaved like a girl at school when I was still closeted. Not a single friend or family member disowned me over me coming out as trans and I've actually made friends since medically transitioning. It's really only on the internet that I even notice hostility towards trans people still exists. The internet and parts of the mainstream media that is.

• "Not a single friend or family member disowned me over me coming out as trans " You were extremely lucky. I had a number of painful losses.

Keith, you mean well, but trannies doesn't deserve human (and also animal) rights.

• I've seen your history, and I know you're phobic trash. Leave at once.