how should you deal with bastards?

bastards; people who frustrate you, frustrate your efforts, give uncalled for insults online, people who make belittling snide comments and insults online etc

anyone who is a bastard, how should you deal with them? 

- like there's times i get uncalled for insults and snide remarks online, and it makes me very angry, makes steam come out my ears....and there's times i've nearly lost my temper but at the last minute got up and walked away to do other things, because i don't want to get in any trouble.

what say you? what's the best way to deal with these types?

• martin
    Favorite Answer

Just avoid them. Everyone else hates them too. They have mental health issues.

• Helen

Stop going online....

You are the one who keeps going back for more. It's toxic, but you can't walk away because a part of enjoys it or at least feels as though you have nothing else.

Those types are part and parcel of the Internet. If they violate the site's guidelines, then report them. Not much more you can do other than the standard advice of ignoring them or stay away from that forum or website. Maybe find a hobby away from the forums or social media. 

I just ignore them. Once they get you angry they win. 

So learn to ignore . Say nothing to them. 

It takes 2 to argue.