who pays the winner in tv court cases?

The television production company. (The loser gets paid too; both the winner and the loser are paid for being part of the TV show.)

• Bruce

If you read the closing credits, both sides agree to be paid by the TV show. 

TV courts are really a version of arbitration and people going into a TV lawsuit agree by contract to abide by the decision of the TV judge. When one party sues another party and the judge finds in favor of the plaintiff then the defendant is obligated by contract to pay the plaintiff. As I understand it both parties are giving some compensation for being on the TV court show. The loser might be able to pay off the debt with whatever he/she makes for doing the TV show but he/she is obligated by contract to pay the debt.

The judge I guess

The loser of course.

The show has a total amount that they will pay. The two sides sign a contract that the decision will be final. The winner is paid out of the total and the balance is shared.

Depends on the show but I know the TV studio pays out. That's how they get the people to show up on TV.