who pays the winner in tv court cases?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

The television production company. (The loser gets paid too; both the winner and the loser are paid for being part of the TV show.)

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

If you read the closing credits, both sides agree to be paid by the TV show. 

• 2 weeks ago

TV courts are really a version of arbitration and people going into a TV lawsuit agree by contract to abide by the decision of the TV judge. When one party sues another party and the judge finds in favor of the plaintiff then the defendant is obligated by contract to pay the plaintiff. As I understand it both parties are giving some compensation for being on the TV court show. The loser might be able to pay off the debt with whatever he/she makes for doing the TV show but he/she is obligated by contract to pay the debt.

• 2 weeks ago

The judge I guess

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

The loser of course.

• 2 weeks ago

The show has a total amount that they will pay. The two sides sign a contract that the decision will be final. The winner is paid out of the total and the balance is shared.

• 2 weeks ago

Depends on the show but I know the TV studio pays out. That's how they get the people to show up on TV.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.