Is there any point in me watching Star Wars now? (SPOILERS)?

OK so I've never seen any Star Wars movies until today I finally watched A New Hope. 

And I actually thought it was pretty good. I want to try to get through all of them before Episode 9 comes out in December 

And about 15 mins ago I was spoiled by the fact that Princess Leia is Luke's long lost sister..  so yeah that romance I was hoping for has been completely destroyed. I already know of course about Vader being Luke's dad so I assume also that she is Vader's daughter and that's why he didnt want her killed. 

So have I just had the original trilogys ENTIRE story just ruined on myself.  I did NOT expect that to happen. 

Should I even bother watching the rest now? 

There's a lot more to it than Leia being his sister.

Just watch it in the order the movies came out. The first trilogy was about Luke. The second was about Vader. The movies after that were basically using the same plots as the first trilogy, revamped by Disney.

No it sucks bad

Source(s): My butt

yeah, you can't just not watch every movie you ever heard a spoiler about. like you said, darth is luke's dad. soylent green is people. the planet of the apes was earth all along. the stay-puffed marshmallow man is the chosen form of the destructor. 

Why would you want to watch Star Wars?