Rachel asked in PetsFish · 3 weeks ago

'Discolored' gravid spot on pregnant guppy?

Alright, so I have 2 pregnant guppies in a 10gal tank. Their names are Shaza and Zaag. They both got pregnant on the same day by my black yin yang male, and it's been a little less than a full month. So, Zaag's gravid spot is black, like it should be, but Shaza's is a dark reddish color... Is this normal? Does it just  mean the fry have red eyes? I'm confused and a bit worried now. They are both the same size, and Shaza is definitely pregnant. 

How exciting that you were present when they got pregnant.  Do you have a lot of time on your hands?

The dark reddish color is not abnormal.

No, it doesn't mean the fry have red eyes.

It does mean that if you are clueless you shouldn't be breeding anything, including fish.

You asked about "crooked backs."  That's the result of INBREEDING.  Google is your friend.

• Rachel3 weeks agoReport

Also, I'm fairly new to fishkeeping as a whole, so anything with fish isn't my strong point.