Scorleo asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Is it dangerous to make yourself vomit ONCE? ?

I've eaten a ridiculous amount of food tonight which I don't normally do and tbh bringing it up seems like a good idea to prevent piling weight on, if it just once surely theres not harmful?

All the acid from your stomach will erode  your teeth.  

• Eva

You won't "pile on" weight from one binge. Forget about vomiting as it won't do that much good. Just get back on track tomorrow.

Not anymore than unintentionally vomitting would be, except for one key thing- if you make yourself vomit tonight, what's going to stop you from making yourself vomit the next time you overeat? And then the time after that...?

About a year ago I decided to take laxatives just 'ONCE' because I had overeaten and I wanted to force it out of my system. It felt awful and amazing at the same time. One year later, I'm using laxatives anywhere from 1-3 times per week, as often as I feel I've eaten more than I planned to. I never wanted to get to this point, never thought I would. It only takes one time to open the door to terrible habits.... just be careful.

Self-induced vomiting is also potentially more dangerous than when you throw up naturally because you're actively trying to vomit up as much as you can, which puts more strain on your esophagus. Vomiting frequently or heavily could lead to esophageal tears known as Mallory-Weiss tears, and cause you to throw up blood

Eating a lot ONCE isn't going to "pile weight on", either.

What makes you think that eating too much just ONCE will result in piling on weight ???!!!

It's irrelevant, so enjoy it.

• Kyle

once you start it's a slippery slope to becoming anorexic.  

force vomiting is always dangerous.