can 50 hydrogen bombs infused and detonated all together annihilate the entire USA country? ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Frank
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

In a word...no. They would be enough to destroy the capitals of each state...but the rest of the state would be fully intact.

• In
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Nope.

"The world's current collection of 14,900 nuclear weapons possesses enough power to kill millions of people and flatten dozens of cities.

According to Telegraph research, it is estimated that the US and Russian arsenals combined have power equating to 6,600 megatons. This is a tenth of the total solar energy received by Earth every minute."

• 3 weeks ago

No. The blast would probably be maybe 100 miles in all directions, the radiation would probably be 500 miles in all directions and the fallout would extend for a few thousand down wind. But there would be more survivors than dead.

• 3 weeks ago

I have been to Hiroshima. I do not question the wisdom of Truman at that time. However; I hope nuclear weapons are never, ever used again. In terms of deterrent/MAD, I do not object to nuclear weapons. To actually use them now would be an ipso facto war crime. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Albert
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

The thing that you may forget is that the world requires less nukes to likely destroy it? As the years gone by. Technology has improved things. That's the so irony of progress. More bang for your buck. Have they made it public knowledge how destructive a nuclear weapon is now?

• 3 weeks ago

No, that would only obliterate a small portion of the US. 

50  dropped at the same time, in various cities around the country-----now you would have something..........and that would be highly disruptive. 

Planning an attack, are you? 

• 3 weeks ago

nope, not even close

over 700 nuclear bombs have already been set off in the US, were all still here, aren't we?

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

With the amount of nuclear countries now, the USA would be dust if they ever got into a nuclear war. The USA would never had used atom bombs on Japan, if Japan had atom bombs and could retaliate

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

no,it will just rain alot

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Who let the dogs out....Man I'm scared of YOU....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.