Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 weeks ago

Why is this coworker targeting me? is she racist because I am the only one different in the workplace?

I am the only one from different ethnic in the group so I don't know if that's the reason why she targets me.

She always commenting about me for no reason. Today I was wearing white socks, she says "I don't know about those white socks I wouldn't wear them if I was you."

I just told her all my black socks are dirty so I wore white.

but what is this lady's problem? I came to work at my job and I don't see the customers face since I am working at a call center so nobody to impress either since all women work there. I am straight and like men so I don't know why comment every time on my clothes or colors or whatever I wear. I am not a fashion person, I just wear clothes to work. I really don't care

Should I give it back to this coworker by saying "I know for sure this year's ugly sweater contest the winner is you because your sweaters are, I wouldn't wear them

There's absolutely no need to explain yourself. That's what this person wants you to do--to feel insecure and blubber and attempt to justify what you put on when you were getting dressed for work, which is just plain crazy. Responder Sandy is right. One thing I would add is to document dates and times of her comments because you never know when such information could prove valuable.

• Sandy

"I don't know about those white socks I wouldn't wear them if I was you."

Since that is just a comment, and not a question, you don't need to reply at all.

Or, say, "Well, you're not me so...." and just let your reply trail off.

Comments are just that. They don't require an answer or a reply. 

I wouldn't "give it back" because you are then stooping to her level. 

I wouldn't give it back, I would just ignore her comments.

< Should I give it back to this coworker by saying "I know for sure this year's ugly sweater contest the winner is you because your sweaters are, I wouldn't wear them >

Now you are coming across as a troll.

if you want my opinion, i would just ignore her. if that doesnt work, i would speak to your boss. all in all dont take any of this advice as i am only 13. good luck