How can my girlfriend take out extra student loans ($20,000) for our off campus townhouse without going into debt ?

My girlfriend and I are undergrad seniors at NYU and we rent a townhouse in Manhattan. I have a full scholarship, so I don’t have loans. My girlfriend has $66,000 in debt, and took out $18,000 this year. Our rent combined is $3,400 a month for December- May. Can she get a $20,000 loan at a 0% interest rate, defer it until after graduation and pay it back. The reason why I can’t take out the loan is cause I’m a finalist for the Marshall Scholarship and I plan on studying in the United Kingdom. I’ll be away from the US anyway, so I don’t need the debt. My girlfriend wants to go to medical school would cost her $200,000, so at that point her level of debt would essentially become a magical number.

• Judy

Take a 20K loan without going into debt? Just how would that work? if she takes another loan, she has to pay it back- that's called debt. Sounds like a good deal for you, though.

Dude, why is she taking more loans?

• .

Didn't you already get your degree last semester?