Use any power plug for LED light strip?

I have an led panel with a strip of led lights attached.  The lights are 24V and they have an led driver rated as follows: input AC85-265V / output DC23-43V 300mA.

Can I take the LED driver off and just use a power plug rated at AC85-265 / 12-24V 2A AC/DC?

Basically are modern variable power adapters capable of getting the stable 300mA the LED strip requirements or is an constant amp LED driver required?

The lights are not working using a 12-24V AC/DC converter on the 24V LED lights but work in the 12V set?  Will not using a constant amp converter burn the lights out faster?

My concern is the possibility that relays may be present.

I was irritated recently to open a new DVD drive that was in the closet for many months and discover that the AC plug was geared toward a different region's infrastructure. I can still use part of it, but I need a regulated 12V DC power supply that provides 2 Amps very easily.

You need to use the driver that makes the lights work.

The proper answer is NO.  LEDs are current driven devices, and the driver is a constant current (300 mA) source.  Your 24 volt power supply is a constant voltage source and using it is likely to either not work at all or push too much current through the LEDs.  Stick with the original driver. 

• Dze

ive used just a straight 12v laptop type transformer to run them before .. it will work .. you can even get a pot setup on the output to vary the intensity but you have to realize that varying the voltage will affect its output .. the problem will be if your driving them at the max voltage without proper heat dissipation they'll likely overload and flicker or burn out ..