Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 8 months ago

Seniors where were you on this day 56 years ago?

I was in middle school, math class, when our principal announced that JFK had been shot.

• reme_1

Same here. The whole school went quiet and then the crying started. We were all sent home. As kids we knew he was young and had lots of energy to get things done. We loved him and his family and it was such a loss to all of us.

I was in school also.  We got sent home early.  I think the teacher led us in a prayer before we went home. 

• PAMELA

I was 13, and at school in england, i went to boarding school and we heard the news about 6pm.

• Piero

I was working in my auto repair shop. I was married and just had a kid. The Snap-On salesman was there, at the time we heard it on the radio.

• Zirp

chat-questions are not allowed here                  reported

I was in basic training in the Army.

I was 5 1/2, don't really remember.  I do remember being annoyed when my cartoons were interrupted by the funeral coverage.

Seniors? Who am I supposed to be senior to? I have no objection to being called an old fart but I refuse to answer to the condescending twee euphemism "senior citizen".  I was 15 and at home and about to watch the first episode of Doctor Who when the news came on the TV.

I was flying off the coast of San Diego finishing up a training mission in the early morning and heading back to NAS North Island when I tuned into KSDO and heard the news.

• I was a sophomore in college