Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 2 months ago

Who are your favorite male and female country artists from the last 10 years? ?

(Don’t waste your time with an answer if you’re just going to whine about how they all suck and they’re not real country) 

• Racer

Jamey Johnson and Miranda Lambert

Male: Sturgill Simpson.

Female: Sarah Shook.

Not quite sure how you'd define "from the last 10 years" though. There are older artists who are still doing great work. 

• Perry1 month agoReport

By last ten years I meant, “new to the scene”. But even that can be hard to define.

• Rain

Dolly Parton

Keith Urban

• Ashley

Keeping my list to people who appeared on the scene in the last ten years: 

Male: Luke Combs, maybe Sam Hunt

Female: Maren Morris, Kacey Musgraves, Tenille Towns

Luke Combs is my favorite of all of them 

Wayne Hancock ---

Male: Sturgill Simpson

Female: Lucinda Williams, though she's more on the Alt-Country side and been active since the 70's but still release albums. If she doesn't count then I'd go with Lydia Loveless.

• Stiff Dragon

I tried to only name one artist for each groups. There's some of the artists you name I'm not familiar with but love the ones I recognize such as Whitey Morgan, Hellbound Glory, Margo Price, Luke Bell, Cody Jinks, Margo Price, Lindi Ortega, Dori Freeman and so on.

None of them. Country is a horrible genre of music.

Well, I'm not sure about favorite, but Kacey Musgraves has impressed me ever since I heard Merry Go Round. She seems to be able to make songs about something more serious than tight jeans and honky-tonks and get them into mainstream commercial airplay.

Ashley Monroe is another artist that I like.

Lindi Ortega has some real good music that some would say isn't "real country". I hope she gets over her hiatus real soon. (BTW, at the time, Hank Sr. wasn't "real country", he was "western". Similarly Ernest Tubb and Bob Wills. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band proved that new country can be both different and real country. "Real country" is a concept that is useful to snobs.)

On the male side of things, its good that Willie Nelson has kept putting out new material. Not just rehashes of his older stuff.

Oh yes, big ups to all of the Highwomen.