Quantum asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 9 months ago

What is the term for a dancer in a group where his/her movements standout from the group?

7 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Lead, Principal or soloist 

  • 8 months ago

    Just bear in mind that it's not always a sign of a GOOD dancer if their movements stand out from the group ...

  • 9 months ago

    It depends on the type of dance. If it's ballet, then it's called a soloist or principal dancer.

    If it's any other dance style (hip hop, contemporary, jazz, lyrical etc), it's usually called a lead.

  • 9 months ago

    If they all are doing the same thing then it’s “stage presence.” If the one stands out because the choreography is different it could be called a soloist or a principal depending on if it is just for this one number or the entire production respectively. The term “Lead dancer” is also used in commercial dance.  

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    Principal dancer

  • 9 months ago

    Fancy feet......

  • 9 months ago

    The lead. Extra characters

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.