Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Sometimes this category seems to be dying through lack of new questions so, sometimes, I think up a question (which I think will be of ?

interest to others and will help to keep this website going) even though I know the answer myself. However, I then am accused of wasting the time of other users because it might have been asked before.  I like answering the questions from others and am disappointed when there are no new ones which can benefit from my knowledge.  It has always been the case that we answer those ?s we choose to answer and ignore the others - that's how it should be so why do people get ratty if it's been asked before?  I cannot read EVERY question asked so don't know if it's been asked before. A few years ago, when I joined, we were 'mostly' polite with each other and came here to help or be helped but that seems to have changed - and not for the better.

How do you feel about that?

• Laredo
    Favorite Answer

I would not say that this category (Senior Citizen) is dying, there are still some good questions asked here.  Years ago when I first joined there was a lot of people who asked questions (interesting ones) on a daily basis.  I have not seen any of those questions from Thomas or the Suzie S, for a few years now, although I still recognise some of the long term users now and again.  I can only think that they have left the site now, which was a pity.

Long live Senior Citizen category!

I totally understand what you are referring to. It seems that there are a lot of really rude people. or young people who are not very informed and think that because we are older we have some magic guide.

• Ann

I remember Thomas, who used to ask some really good questions.  He's been gone for several years, and I've wondered if he didn't pass away.

I have occasionally checked into this website and category for about 9 years. It has deteriorated over that time, because of rude obnoxious comments. Many of the Seniors I remember have long since quit checking in. Some of them have gathered at another better quality forum. I am not going to name it.

• reme_1

I used to spend HOURS on this sight. There were so many more quality questions.

• Zirp

Please.... DO NOT post questions just for the sake of asking questions.

It doesn't matter if a certain category is quiet. There are thousands of questions posted in other categories, and many of them deserve an answer

• there are still good people here, Laredo is one of them and i know she has been here a while now.

Hjsksksosoaosososoaoaoaoaoaoaoa

• Jeremy

I think that this category has highs and lows. Sometimes there are new and interesting questions and sometimes most seem to be repeats of regularly asked questions. This is to be expected because we cannot all trawl through thousands of old Qs&As before asking what we think is a new topic. I read as many new questions as time allows and answer those that interest me. It does not trouble me if it's been asked before because, this time, it might be asked by a new user who does not know what has been asked before and may not yet know their way around the website. It would be good if everyone were polite but no category can escape the trolls.

this section is most certainly not dying. in fact, it's one of the most popular.