Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 10 months ago

Do caregivers help people who don't have a disability and are not seniors? Could they help non disabled people with income?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

it is possible certainly.

• P.L.
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

It would be a different service I think such as home help.  Many people work in or at other peoples homes e.g. cleaners, cooks, carers etc. If you have particular needs you could try the classified ad columns stating just what your needs are.  I'm sure you will receive several replies.  Before you go further decide how much you'd be prepared to pay for their service and make this clear to anyone applying. 

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

WHy would you need a caregiver if you are not disabled ?

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yes of course you can but you might not wish to call them caregivers.  A personal helper might be more appropriate.  All you need do is either place a small ad in a local paper or visit an agency who hires carers, cleaners, cooks, etc. and explain exactly what needs you have.  If your need is simply that you don't like doing housework, cooking,(or whatever chores you have in mind) then state that and I'm sure an agency will be able to find you such a person.  It will be cheaper for you to try to find someone through a small ad than through an agency as the agency will charge more per hour to cover the cost of the 'person' and their commission.  If you do it through an agency THEY choose the person and it could be a different one each day but if you do it privately YOU get to choose the person and it should always be the same one.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Sure.  Both things are possible.  Paying for a care giver when you are healthy simply makes them a "servant."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.