Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 10 months ago

How do I turn off parental controls on my computer without my parents getting a notification email?

I want to be able to download apps on my computer without my parents getting notified

I am allowed to download apps. I don't need them knowing every single thing I download for basic privacy. There's nothing bad I want to download. I asked for advice, since that's the point of Answers, so there is no need to pass unasked-for and false judgements. Thanks.

Wow. Everyone who has commented so far has been nothing but not helpful and rude. You don't know me or my life situation, so to be so rude to someone asking advice is apalling. If you must know, I don't want to deal with them commenting on everything I download. For example, I downloaded a program with tips and strategies about creative writing once, and I got a text message from one of my parents telling me it was insulting for me to download this program since they had written a book before.

• hart

you still have a lock file where any move is recorded

You could download them to a usb stick at an internet shop. I don't know if you will be able to install them without your parents knowing.

You can't.

If your parents are so up their own ar5e that they send you "a text message from one of my parents telling me it was insulting for me to download this program" instead of speaking to you I'm guessing your parents are way ahead of you here.

your not giving us much information. Im gessing there is some kind of software that is allowing your parents to control your comptuer. You need to find out what kind of software your parents are using on your computer and google it to see if there is some kind of glitchs or bugs you could exploit. 

From the sounds of things, your parents are tech-savvy, so in all likelyhood, you've lost this battle.

• Lv 7

if you could easily do that, your router manufacturer would likely not sell many models. they are secure for a reason: so parents can raise their kids without worrying about them...

Get your own internet

• Pete L

"I am allowed to download apps...."

If you've got nothing to be ashamed of you wouldn't be trying to outsmart your parents.

We are not here to help you cheat them!

For your own safety.

Oh so let me see if I have this right.  Your parents have set a rule for no downloading, but YOU in your wise infinite all knowing computer knowledge, think you are above such rules and want to download apps without your parents knowing.  

1) You must be under 18, and YA does not allow people under 18. 

2) Grow up. Learn to live by rules you don't agree with. Your parents obviously own the house and maybe even the computer you use, so it's their rules.  Most likely you have no clue what to download as you call them "APPS" and not "Programs" and further  have no clue where to go to download good programs that are not laced with viruses.