Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceOther - Social Science · 8 months ago

Can you tell how rich a man is based on his job or how he dresses?

• KTJoe

Nowadays yes and no; once upon a time one could tell who was who.

• Lili

Sometimes, yes, sometimes, no.

I live in a very big city and see many types of people on the streets.  It's normally easy to tell who's a lawyer or business executive or something similar based on how a man is dressed.  I can also tell by the quality of his clothing whether he's very rich or just "comfortable".  I can see the difference between expensive cashmere and tailoring and a nice off-the-rack wool blend at a glance.

But of course some very rich people (the ones who don't go to offices every day or may work in unusual fields) may not dress the part.  I wouldn't necessarily have any idea that such a person was very rich.

No. I remember when I was young seeing the difference but even my college professor said it's strange seeing students with 60k student debt all wearing Gucci and Louis Vuitton. 

I think credit cards play a huge part. All my friends and I have the most expensive brands and we all work different jobs with various pay. My parents on the other hand always wear thrift shop items and rarely get anything brand new. They grew up poor and are now well off buy they stick to their style. I think older people are more comfortable living within their means than us youngsters with social media and influencers. 

No. Some people get 10K and blow it on a nice suit but are middle class citizens.

• Nom

no men realize how hypergamy work and know what you like to see

• Damien

no any one can wear a suit and tie, it doesnt make him rich, the facebook guy wears hoodies.

No, I cannot.....

sometimes but not always.