Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 8 months ago

Is it weird that I shower once a week?

Most people say they shower everyday and I feel so crazy now cause I only shower once a week but wash my hair twice cause it gets greasy.

In the summer, I shower more often cause I work out and I sweat from the exercise and the hot weather but in the winter I only shower once. Is that weird?

Don't worry anonymous. I don't smell thankfully!

That depends on where you live, what you do for a living, how often you interact with others, and other general personal maintenance practices you follow.

Maybe you stay in a temperature controlled home a lot. Maybe you don’t sweat. Maybe you don’t have a lot of visitors or family. Maybe you have a skin condition that is severely irritated by bathing. It’s possible that showering once a week is sufficient for where you live and your particular circumstances.

On the other hand, if you’re out in the heat and sweating, you are going to stink. If you’re out in public, you shouldn’t be subjecting those around you to unnecessary personal odor at work, on the bus, out shopping, in restaurants, etc.

Not weird but dirty especially if you're a female.

to be honest..if you don't smell bad I see nothing wrong with this. Americans are obsessive about washing everything under the sun for some reason, which is good to a point...but they tend to wash things that don't always need washing too. It is actually bad for the skin to wash too much. It causes dry skin that can result in premature aging. It is healthy to let your natural oils develop a bit but most Americans just continue to wash away the natural oils and that is why there are so many Americans with wrinkles before even turning 40. 

I don't think you are weird at all. Just do what is right for you. 

It's not 'weird', but I hope you change your clothes a little oftener than that.

I used to live in the tropics. There, I showered and changed at least twice a day.Now, back in Scotland, in December, I take a bath/shower every 4 or 5 days, because it's COLD and I live a relatively inactive life.

Yes, it is very weird, if you bath once a week. 

I think, you should bath everyday for maintaining hygiene.

The Vikings were considered overly hygienic for bathing once a week.  But that was in a day with a different standard of hygiene.  Yes, I'd say you're weird.  And you probably smell, even if nobody says anything.

Eh... if no one is complaining...

When I used to have this awful hairdo that would take 30 minutes to fix with globs of hair gel... I was reluctant to shower because that would start the whole grueling process over...

I think the most I've ever gone is 10 days... but that horribly itchy hairdo that didn't look very good anyway is long gone.

Personally I don't know how someone rolls out of bed without a shower and starts their day... but to each their own.

I wouldn't say its "weird" because I don't like to call to many things "weird". But I wouldn't say its healthy either. You should shower on a basis of once every 3 days.

Source(s): Dr.Squatch

no I bathe even less than u do

Not at all. Daily showers are typically an American thing. Mostly, it washes away the oils protecting your skin. As long as you don't stink, once or twice a week is fine.

Some people sweat more than others. If youre one of the lucky ones like me who rarely sweats you can go a week without a shower no problem.