Oldest computer brand still around today?

• Adrian

I would say Apple, they had "home" computers before IBM, and they still make iMac. On the commercial side, things are different....

Since the question is not clear as to "what type" of computer brand, commercial or home user, that is my best guess....

International Business Machines (IBM) was founded in 1911, Hewlitt-Packard(HP) was founded in 1939. Neither was in the computer business at first but both seized the opportunity to branch out into the computer industry when the technology became available.

IBM would be my guess as the oldest still around.

• keerok

IBM?

Bell Labs.?

I think IBM is the oldest, though they don't make computers that run Windows. HP would be the oldest that you would actually find in people's homes. My wife has an HP laptop.

I've seen a couple of people using the IBM XT 286 which is the first pc that I had, I think they were just writing letters with it though it could do longer documents as well ie 250 pages.

Overall, IBM or Hewlett Packard. Personal computer side Hewlett Packard (HP), Apple and then Dell.

Or something like that.

it might be, you never know

• Fred

Dell or Mac? xxxxx

IBM, but they don’t do PCs anymore...

• .

Probably IBM.