Oldest computer brand still around today?

• Adrian
    Favorite Answer

I would say Apple, they had "home" computers before IBM, and they still make iMac. On the commercial side, things are different....

Since the question is not clear as to "what type" of computer brand, commercial or home user, that is my best guess....

• If You refuse to accept the actual IBM answer, try this video at the times of 4:28 & 5:35 to be educated that PB is still alive & kicking AND was around in the beginning.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaWm35Yteow

International Business Machines (IBM) was founded in 1911, Hewlitt-Packard(HP) was founded in 1939. Neither was in the computer business at first but both seized the opportunity to branch out into the computer industry when the technology became available.

• Hhhhmmm ,,, Interesting catch there ... wouldn't the original word processors (electronic typewriters with spell-checking & disk drives) technically count as the first computers?.
      Apple's NOWHERE near the correct answer.

• CD

IBM would be my guess as the oldest still around.

• keerok

IBM?

Bell Labs.?

I think IBM is the oldest, though they don't make computers that run Windows. HP would be the oldest that you would actually find in people's homes. My wife has an HP laptop.

I've seen a couple of people using the IBM XT 286 which is the first pc that I had, I think they were just writing letters with it though it could do longer documents as well ie 250 pages.

Overall, IBM or Hewlett Packard. Personal computer side Hewlett Packard (HP), Apple and then Dell.

Or something like that.

it might be, you never know

• Fred

Dell or Mac? xxxxx

IBM, but they don’t do PCs anymore...

• .

Probably IBM.