Giannis asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

43 inch TV. Is that the right size?

I just bought a 43 inch TV to put in my bedroom. Watching distance will be maximum 7 feet. Originally thought that any larger than that would be too big and inundate my room, but know I kind of regret it and would like to have gone for the 49 inch. Any thoughts.?

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

You're not really supposed to watch TV (or do ANYTHING but sleep in that room), but 43" is fine.

• Joe

Mark, where do YOU have sex ????

Not in a bedroom, big tvs in bedroom I personally done before and it makes your eyes water. Listen to me small tvs are adequate for a bedroom and I am being serious.

Ignore answers with no viewing distance considerations as they are ignorant.  This site https://www.avu.ca/video/perfecting-proximity-find... says 43" is fine for 1080p but wants you closer for 4K.  You said bedroom so content being 4K is probably not all that relevant. (I want to see 4K on the good TV in the livingroom, not a bedroom)

Best size for watching anything, except the annual bologna cook off expo. For that you are required at 65 inch MINIMUM. 

Source(s): Learned the hard way

43 to 45 is the largest screen anyone should ever have,

but no bedroom should have a TV in it.

I think anything over 19 inches is too big.

• y

Thoughts are, there are all sorts of guides out there to give one suggestions about proper sizing and such. One shoe never fits all.

I don't think I have bought a TV yet that I didn't get home and say to myself, I should have gone the next size up.

How the hell should I know? Chat questions like this one are site guideline violations, so, reported