babysitting rate?

Whats a good daily rate to charge a friend for babysitting their 1 yr old for 12 hours a day? 

12 hours a day , 2 days a week.

• PAMELA

Look around, ask other people who babysit what they get.in america i would charge about $10 an hour for one child, in the uk about the same,£10 an hour

You can do your research about rates. I'd find some day cares and private sitters in your area and ask what daily rates are and also what weekly rates are.

I watch dogs and if someone wants me to babysit their dog from morning until late afternoon, it's $60. I know, a baby isn't a dog, but i just thought i'd let you know my daily rate for what i do.

I sit on babies.

Every week?  Or a one-time deal. If it's once, you charge by the hour.  If it's a normal daycare setting, you call around to local daycares and find out the comparable rates in your area.  My area may be completely different, because daycare prices vary wildly throughout the world.  Even throughout the US.

• edward

Minimum wage for 8 hours. Time and a half for the extra 4 hours. +$3/hr per kid aside from the initial one

That depends on the going rate for child care in your area and what you are expected to do during those 12 hours.  Teenagers in my area charge about $10 to play games on their phones while the kids they are "watching" also play games on their phones. Taking care of a baby is more demanding when the child is away, but less involved when the baby is napping.  

The best thing to do is to do a little research about rates in your area and then just talk to your friend.  She must have some idea of what she is willing to pay.  Be very careful about either of your leaning on your friendship to change the rate.  This should be the going rate for an qualified stranger to watch the child. 

• Tri-Harder

You're going to watch a baby two days a week, twelve hours each day, for $35 a week?  That's DEFINITELY allowing her to take advantage of you.  That isn't enough one day, much less two.  

Discuss this with her duh

• CJ2 months agoReport

We did and she wanted to pay $30 but I was gonna ask $40 so we met half way. I’ve been watching the baby for a few months already but the hours were supposed to be only 10 but she slowly made her way to 12 hours and I just wanna make sure I’m not getting taken advantage of😕

Some people might tell you that you should charge minimum wage rates per hour.  (which is $7.25)

BUT - what kind of job does your friend have.  What kind of household income does your friend have.  How much could your friend afford to pay for a babysitter.  I once left a job because by the time I paid my babysitter, I only had $30 left out of my paycheck.  That $30 was about the right amount to pay for gas in my vehicle to go to and from my work.  Why should I work just to pay a babysitter and have nothing left over to help my household.  I might as well stay home and care for my own children until I can find a higher paying job - right?

So - when deciding how much a "good" daily rate would be - you need to know if you are going to break the other person with that rate.  Your "friend" may be asking you hoping for a "friend" discount because they know they can't afford much.

Ask them how much they are willing to pay and then use that as a starting point if you think it is too low.

• CJ2 months agoReport

Yes ive thought about all that and Both parents work in law enforcement