Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Do you think I will regret not having a child of my own?

I adopted two children and I truly do love as my own. they are my children now. my question though is do you think I may regret never trying to have a child of my own? I'm in my 30s, I still have time to have one but I'm struggling with the decision. Two is a lot of kids for me right now. I'm happy with two. Do you think I may regret someday not ever experiencing having a baby myself, giving birth etc?

sorry for the typos. Right now I feel content with the two I have adopted. I just wonder if I'm lacking some life experience and once I can no longer have kids if I will regret never having that experience of having a biological child.

• GB

Sorry , but I think you are a troll.  I find it hard to believe you hadn't been trying for a child.

• Geneva2 months agoReport

not a troll, I'm a single parent, not married. I haven't tried because I'm not married. I adopted children. 

If you truly love your adopted kids as your own, then I wouldn't think so. Just my opinion.

I know a woman who had 2 biological sons and 1 adopted daughter. She told me thay she loved the adopted daughter more. 

If you are a somewhat narcissistic type ( she was ) adopted or biological doesn't make a difference because you won't see yourself in other people. She was actually a great mother though, went the extra mile for her kids in a way many others wouldn't.

biological children have a deeper inescapable bond. Adopted children and their children will have dual loyalties.

• Jennifer Danielle

I've never known an adopted child who didn't feel like their adoptive parents were their only parents. Trust your relationship with your children

You have two children of your own already.

I don't think biology will matter

Perfect squelch

My Aunt Ruby and Uncle Arnie, childless after 5 years of marriage, jumped at the chance to adopt a baby boy. A short time later, Aunt Ruby became pregnant and gave birth to a boy. I was visiting one day when the kids were about 8 and 9. A woman in our small community came to call. "Which boy is yours, Ruby?"

"Both of them" my aunt replied. The caller persisted. "But I mean which one is adopted?" Aunt Ruby did not hesitate. In her finest hour she looks straight at her guest and replied "I forgotten!"

• YKhan

You can still have kids upto your 40's now. So I would wait till your two existing kids are at least a little self-sufficient to have your next one. I don't mean self-sufficient as in finishing college and getting married, but at least ones that can help with changing diapers, etc.

As for if you'll miss not having your own kids, only you can answer that. Obviously you're not feeling you're missing anything now, so no point in getting an experience that is irrelevant to you.