hoarseman asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Where on the Earth are humans best situated to survive the climate change disaster?

Favorite Answer

Probably Iceland; Canada, Russia, Scandanavia etc will be inundated with refugees from southern regions but Iceland is out on its own and North enough to to avoid extreme heating

• Daro

Gore will probly share his "beliefs". Specially if Georgie sends him a big check, which he shud do if he truly believes..

• John

It depends on what disaster?

The present disaster all are trying to avoid are pricks with money trying to grab land where they think people want to live then try to resell at jacked up prices.

That's the only "climate disaster" I know about.

You know of a different one?

It sure ruins my climate when international realities are hung. They bodies interfere in my visa views.

• hoarseman

Yes -- but I read more .

• F

I'm quite happy where I am. It's not too hot, another 5C wouldn't hurt. My house is 400 ft above sea level, so a few feet of rising sea level doesn't worry me. We do get a lot of rain, but nothing like monsoon conditions.

My inland town in the US is slated to become beach front property before too very long. I can't wait. I want to see out to some developer of high-rise, beachfront condos. 

• hoarseman

As the man who fell from the top of a skyscraper was heard to say ,as he passed a first floor  window --"So far , so good"

• Cowboy

There is no place for all of us.....we've waited too long.

• hoarseman

Whatever that means -- he's right though .Like the Titanic , Earth won't have enough life boats for everyone eventually. 

Humans currently live in every climate on the planet, from tropical, to desert, to Arctic. Although to be fair they live in far fewer numbers in those harsher regions. Food production requires water and sunlight. Water will be the problem moving forward, currently we have added massive info structure worldwide to make food production possible in quite arid areas, dams, water storage from Africa to America to India and China. A number of these regions rely on seasonal rains or melting glaciers. But those glaciers are melting when there gone so is the ability to grow things in those regions. Australia is already starting to see the start of this, record drought has seen dams built to cover drought periods run dry.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/se...

• Mike

There is no  Climate  disaster   only the democrat  disaster 

Anywhere they are surviving right now. Climate change is a non-issue. Sea level rise is only 7" per century, and some places it's been going down recently. Don't buy into the fearmongering. Their predictions never come to fruition.

Note the graph below and the small uptick in temperatures on the right part. Then compare that uptick (which represents the recent warming that is so "dire" to some) with the centuries-long cooling trend.

• hoarseman

I note you did not choose to show the graph ,produced by NASA ,of the dramatic rise in CO2 levels in the Earth's atmosphere over the past 100 years - -it's skyrocketing and is already 50% higher than the previous highest level during last  million years .And it is driving up planet temperatures  

• JimZ

If you are really worried about it, I recommend that you move to the Arctic.    

There is no climate change disaster.

• hoarseman

The Titanic sank because  those ,who were making the decisions ,did not heed the warnings about the dangers they were facing , and when disaster struck , the ship  did not  have enough lifeboats to save all the people. And we passengers on Earth are in the very same position 

What disaster?

The devastating crop losses due to snow and ice is happening worldwide and the solution is to start growing your own food, utilizing backyard gardens and not relying on "centralized" food production and delivery.

The Sun and Mother Nature are proving the "carbon emission" alarmism a huge scam.