Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

What do I do if my boyfriend's roommate steals the shell I got him and puts it in his own fish tank without asking him?

SO I went to the beach a few months ago with my boyfriend and I found this really pretty shell that I kept and gave to him. For some reason he still has this shell and it was on his desk in his dorm. Recently his roommate and his girlfriend bought a betta fish and kept it in a tank in their dorm. His roommate took the shell off of my boyfriend's desk without asking him and just PUT IT IN THE TANK!!!!! Now the stupid fish has my beautiful shell and I must get back at him for it. What do you guys recommend??? Should I put his airpods in the tank???

• 2 days ago

threesomes usually solve a dispute like this.

How about grow up and leave it be. What was he really going to use the shell for anyway. Airpods r expensive don’t put them in the tank it’ll kill the fish because it’ll electricute the fish. Stay out of it and let you’re boyfriend and his roommate handle it.

• Ocimom

How about just asking for the shell back instead of being stupid and thinking you need to get revenge.  And how do you know your boyfriend didn't say he could put the shell in the fish tank with the Betta fish?  Did you see him steal the shell?

I have an idea. Why don't you let the shell be used for a real purpose. I'm sure the fish will enjoy the shell a lot more than your boyfriend. Plus, he still has it. It's just being used by another being. Be the bigger person and drop this young miss. Let the fish rock the shell in his tank.

• Joe

Pretty smart for someone with only nine fingers....!!

• PR

Ask him, or ask your boyfriend about it. Maybe, the roommate didn't know you gave it to your bf. Besides that, if the shell is from the ocean, and not from a fresh water lake, it may not be good for the fish. There would be salt in the shell, besides possible micro-organisms that might hurt the fish.

Just tell the room mate that the shell was a special memento and you would appreciate if he could put it back since you got it just for your bf. 

Either way - does it look pretty in the betta tank?

• Eva

You stay out of it. It's between your boyfriend and his roommate. Grow up.

That makes you sound dangerously controlling by using a shell as a kind of relationship lock.  It's up to your boyfriend to let him use it or get it back.

Why do you ask here instead of confronting the perpetrator?