Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 2 months ago

How long should it take to get engagement photos back?  ?

My fiancé and I had our engagement photo session in late September (10.5 weeks ago) and have not received the pictures. I know the photographer over booked her October so she is backed up with editing but shouldn’t ours take priority? We are eloping in a month and a half. Would be nice to have a while to enjoy the pictures.

• August

It is possible that this person has deleted your photos in error. Did you pay a deposit ?You should visit her studio and ask for an explanation.Realistically, editing should not take more than a day.

• Frank

Anything more than 4 weeks is too long.  Contact the photographer and demand the photos or else you'll take them to court.  If you paid via credit/debit card, write a letter to your credit card company and request a stop payment.  Then call the photographer back and let them know that they'll get paid once you get your photos.

Time to be nice has long past.  Being nice will only get you ignored.  Playing the part of the ****** will get results.

Call the photographer and ask what the holdup is.

If you had a contract it should specify when you would receive your photos. A smart, professional photographer should have that in place to cover both their a** and yours.

Send an email or a phone call and ask when you can expect them. Two months is far too long to wait as it is. Being overbooked in October is no excuse for taking two months to deliver the final product.

• keerok

Man that IS too long. My wedding pics, I got in one week. I brought them to the photo shop to mount in an album and I got them back in two weeks so within a month, I was able to show them off already.

• Vicki

Yours wont take priority unless you paid extra. She likely does them in order. I would message her and ask about the progress of your photos and when to expect them. That's really the best you can do unless you had a contract that stated the pictures would be done by a certain time.

• Whatever

She should have the photos by now. PERIOD. The photos were taken in late September. It is now early December. That leaves all of October AND November without photos she paid for. Her shoot happened BEFORE the October photoshoots and as such she should have them by now. There's no excuse for this.

Give the photographer a phone call. They have had plenty of time. As a former photographer, I know it takes time and he can be busy but that is not your fault so time for you to have the pictures.

• martin

Keep calling the photographer once a week.