Charly asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 months ago

how to restore win10 system from bios? ?

im so ******* mad. i let the win10 refresh run, and now after i log in, there is a white screen and i cannot log in. i can only do the system set back from bios, but i never used bios. i would need my computer asap. im writing from phone. what to do? how can i undo the refresh por set windows back to last saved point from bios? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

You don't, you have to start in safe mode the go to an earlier restore point.

All you can do in bios is select a default boot drive that has win 10 installation on it, but that is like going back to new. you loose all your installed apps.

>>have you simply tried restarting windows?  that often fixes some problems like this.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I power down the computer.  Turn off the power .  Wait 3 seconds and turn it back on.  It sets itself up proper.

• David
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If you can get to the log in screen. Hold down the shift key and press restart (bottom rt corner) to get to advanced boot options

Then go to troubleshoot, advanced, either system restore or startup repair

If that fails try reset this PC which is another option in the troubleshoot menu

HTH

• Dick
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Supposedly, but I've never seen this happen, if you keep trying to boot up Win 10 it will eventually boot into the SAFE MODE. This is a mode that only boots the Windows files and nothing else. While in safe mode you will be able to do whatever you need to do to fix your Windows installation by doing a System Restore. Good luck. Hope this works for you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

The last saved point isn't accessible from the BIOS. It's a windows thing and since you can't access windows, those saved points won't help you.

Some new computers have a reset (?)/restore (?) utility. It may be in the BIOS or it may be a special key combination or worse (!), a cryptically marked button somewhere. Dig out the manual for your computer and see if it has that. What it does is it restores your computer back to factory conditions meaning all the programs and apps you installed, all the games you put in there, your scores and all your personal and work files and data will be erased forever.

You obviously have no idea about what you're doing. To prevent further damage to the computer and your data, I suggest you bring the computer to the service center. There are several ways to make your computer work again and there are ways to do that while preserving your files and data but first you must be willing enough to admit that you can't do it by yourself because all options are complicated and can be unpredictable.

• Pete L
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

BIOS is nothing to do with Windows, all BIOS does is tell the computer how to switch on and where the hard drive is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS

• Lv 7
    10 months ago

you cannot do anything Windows related from BIOS. you need a Win10 install disc or USB drive.

my guess is your hard drive was corrupted, and when you tried to Refresh, it refreshed from the corrupted data, which did not go over well.

if it s urgent, you should take it to a repair shop. i can get one back up and functional in just a couple days, depending on my workload.

• 10 months ago

Some manufacturers program an "F" key to run the Setup program that is on a hidden system partition. Simply read the screen upon boot up looking for instructions to press a certain F key to begin Setup or any other word they use to indicate a factory reset. You can also google your make and model computer where there should be something telling you what F key to press upon boot up to begin the factory reset.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

unless the bios has a specialized function to access a restore partition you cant do jack sht from bios ...if it does have that function just launch it, you'll likely lose any recent data or programs though ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.