Is using the belt on a child/teen for bad grades abuse?

I personally find using the belt period is abuse..do some parents really use the.belt if their teen got some bad grades?.( no bad behavior)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes! I have a deep hatred for my parents for doing suck things. I've beaten the crap out of them to get revenge and I'm not done.

• 8 months ago

Yes............

• 8 months ago

When striking a child you teach them to hit and be violent plus their self-esteem suffers just as yelling to a child does. Try other measures of punishment and talk to your child, find out why they got bad grades. Spanking will not solve the problem but perhaps if you find out the route of the problem you'll both come out ahead.

• 8 months ago

Yep,

You know what you do, take the belt turn around and smack them with it, then ask "how did that make you feel".

Sometimes the best way to teach empathy is to enforce it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

For any reason, it's abuse.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Using "the belt" for ANY reason is abuse, and for bad grades it's extremely unhelpful. If your kid is getting bad grades due to an undiagnosed learning disorder, or an untreated behavioral disorder, or because the material is too advanced for their level, or because they're experiencing unusual stress at school or home, what is beating them going to fix? 

Hint: absolutely nothing.

• 8 months ago

i think so too, and irrelevant, i mean if your kid got bad grades, then why not help them in their study? beating them won't do any good, what if they get bad grades because they are having a hard time digesting the study? not everyone can learn anything easily, and beating them would make it even worse because now not only the academy to think about, but their parent's beating if they fail. those kinds of parents make me sad.

• 8 months ago

Yes they use the belt as a punishment. Is it abuse it depends on how young how severe and the reason behind it

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I don't believe it is exact abuse but i certainly would not do it.

• 8 months ago

I even find spanking abusive so of course I don't agree with the belt. I find teaching a kid that I win because I can hit you is useless.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.