Did my friend suffer?

I have a friend who recently jumped off the golden gate bridge. The coroner said she died instantly and that she ruptured every major organ in her body (aside from her brain, gallbladder, one kidney and her pancreas) and that she broke most major bones in her body. I don't know if she suffered or not though. I think you'd be conscious/alive for a bit, even if you broke every bone in your body and ruptured most major ones. I just want to know if she suffered or not

Update: the coroner said she died from her heart not being able to pump blood to her brain, causing her brain to die mixed with her lungs filling with blood and internal bleeding from a ruptured spleen

Ask the coroner or your doctor for an educated answer. I doubt there are many doctors here in yahooland.

I would say if her spine broke instantly, she probably didn't feel much pain, and must have quickly become unconscious from her brain not being oxygenated, so my guess is she didn't suffer from that fall, or only a brief fraction of a second.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I wish you strength : /

You need to look up the word "instantly", that would answer your question

she probably felt a big bang. 

Yes. She jumped off o the Golden Gate bridge. I'd say she suffered ALOT. And the jump was the end of that suffering. Not the source

I think that the suffering came beforehand, and it may be that God will forgive her. Just pray for her.

So sorry for your loss. That's sad. She probably did suffer a bit before dying. A painful yet fast death. 

I read in a scientific journal years ago that people who jump to their deaths from the Golden Gate Bridge reach terminal velocity(about 120 miles per second)and impact the water that is hard as a brick will break most bones and rupture internal organs. Water weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon. Reverse this equation and lets say 1000 gallons of water hits the body, something going to break. I think people who jump off high bridges probably hit the water feet-first and will break their back and spinal column and lose any pain. Of course, a hydrologist, a person who studies water and liquids, may be an engineer and know the facts about death from such a distant fall.

harrald

• Murzy

It was quick and painless.

So you ask random internet strangers who have no idea. Good job.