Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

should the uncle be told everything?

my daughter has been in a relationship with a man for 7 years..during this time he cheated in her about 4 times with the same woman..the other woman also got pregnant by him but got rid of the baby...he also drinks a lot and keeps bad company..his mother wants her 33 year old son out of her house and she treats him like trash but he wants to take my daughter to live at his mothers house after he gets married to her..my daughter spoke to my brother...her uncle about her plans to marry this man..my brother offered to sponsor the entire wedding...but he does not know the whole story about the intended husband.. should the uncle be told the whole bad story?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • d j
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not going to help if your daughter wants this man at all costs.

She knows very well what she's going to get.

• 2 months ago

You bet. If there's money involved, your brother should be informed before he decides to shell it out and support this unwise alliance. But talk to your daughter, express your deep concern, encourage her not to marry, or at least, to wait longer before she takes the plunge. You are risking alienation from her...but this is a choice for only you to make.  The problem is really that your daughter doesn't seem to have a good head on her shoulders or realize what she's getting into...why not?  Whether the uncle sponsors her wedding or not, the bigger problem is her choice of a suitable partner.

• glcang
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.he should know what he is sponsoring

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You raised this person - now you're criticizing her.  You're the one who taught her self esteem and values.

It's between her and her uncle.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

no, by the way, is this a west Virginia reality tv show?

• 2 months ago

If your goal is to humiliate your daughter and ensure that she never speaks to you again yes by all means share her private business with your brother.

• RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you are convinced he needs to know and would want to, then you have the duty to inform him of the information he currently lacks. If you fail to do this, then you can look forward to an increasing sense of guilt, especially if the marriage is not successful.

• Mikey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope.                                                             

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.