Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

What is your best memory ?

I remember one day in particular in 2011. I was trying out Van life where you travel around while living in a van that was basically converted into a little RV. One morning I woke up, and stepped out of my van and I was looking at the ocean in Panama City Beach Florida. I could see dolphins skipping through the water, I could hear seagulls, I felt the warm sun on my face. I walked to the edge of the water and just sat there in the sand. No worries, no complaints. I swam for a little while, then I went to a gym and took a shower. I met a girl during breakfast who I noticed was also traveling while doing van life and we talked about everything from places we’ve been to things we saw, where were from, etc.. and we ended up hanging out all evening. Our waitress invited us to a party where we sat around in a circle drinking some beer by a bon fire. I woke up the next morning in my van with a note that said “thanks for the good time.” It was such a happy day, i wish I could re live it over and over.

I was going to say to seeing my first baby's face for the first time...but your story is good too ;-)

Now imagine how much more fulfilling and enriching your life would be if you had an actual home and a job and weren't a bum living in a van who needs to go to a gym to take a shower. When I wake up in the morning I can see the mountains from my window. In a few years my mortgage will be paid off. That's a good feeling. 

I don't live ON a mountain, I live within walking distance of several because I'm in a valley. 

And you won't find me asking questions about what to do about getting a job without a degree or questions about what to do when people in my life drop dead of an overdose or questions about shitty music, movies or cartoons. 

Perhaps I'm not the happiest person in the world and I'm working on that, but I certainly am comfortable and I've found moderate degree of success in life. Like I said, imagine living a fulfilling and enriching life. What kind of loser doesn't have a degree and can't find a date? 

It's pretty obvious that you should have done things differently in life, but I'm guessing you already know that.

And in the future, if you're going to ask a sad question anonymously, don't make comments using your actual screen name.  

• Creature1 month agoReport

A poor attitude is a dead giveaway that that person is unhappy. Think about that next time you attempt to down someone to make yourself feel better. I wouldn’t want a house on a mountain. That sounds pretty awful. And just so you’re aware.... I do live in a house. This is when I was a teenager 🖕