Rick asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Are you a God Denier or a Big Bang Denier?

Given that The Big Bang event (as Atheists believe) was NOT created by God!!!

Rather  (as MOST Atheists believe)

Thanks for the concise answer, Gus Dihn.

Favorite Answer

I am a god denier, in the sense that I do not think any gods exist.

• don

Ask God to save your soul and forgive your sins.He will do it,and you will know.

• zipper

Who started the BIG BANG, GOD that's who. He made Heavens and the earth from nothing but cosmic dust, then he progressed into animal life, and finely man kind. Now he did this in 7 days but were these days the days of God's time or of man. I believe there were in God's days. if the blink of his eye is ten-thousand years, then his days are beyond any measure of man kinds. Plus it seems it was kind of trail and error process, even for him!

God denier .....

• don

I have skepticism of both of them

• Rick2 months agoReport

You and me both, Damir!

big bang denier

• Rick2 months agoReport

Thanks for the straight forward answer!

• John

Why one or the other? If you look at the "big bang" you looking at bright shiny light.

If you look at creationism the first statement is "god (or lord, depending) made light.

Seems you can't believe in one without the other.

Whatever an individual believes is a personal choice because mankind is only an insignificant passenger on life's journey.

• JimZ

Not either.  I remain skeptical of the Big Bang because I'm not convinced 100% that there aren't alternative explanations for things such as the Doppler shift in distant galaxies and yes I know that would mean a radical explanation that doesn't fit present knowledge.  Still it seems the evidence for a Big Bang is pretty overwhelming and likely the best explanation for the formation of the known universe.  

I don't have a good definition for "God" and I don't believe in God because I know I don't know the first thing about it and pretending to would just be a lie.  That doesn't mean I think there is no God.  I have experienced things that lead me to believe there is something more to this life but again I don't know nearly enough to have an informed opinion.  

• don

The big bang has more holes in it than my screen door.If there was an explosion there had to be something to explode.Where did it come from ? You can't get gold from carbon so where did it come from ? I literally could go on all day.

• ?

The so-called 'Big Bang Theory' has been debunked.

We don't know that God did not create the Universe with the big bang

• Rick2 months agoReport

See my update.

Neither. The Big Bang is the event of divine creation.