Will the rapture also happen in alien worlds?
- PontusLv 78 months agoFavourite answer
1. Although we know there are other worlds, we don't know if any of them have life. Although considering the size of the universe, probability suggests there is plenty of life out there, but that's just conjecture at this point.
2. Even if life is likely on many worlds out there, the same is not necessarily true of intelligent life. Human beings may be the only current intelligent life in the universe, as unlikely as that seems.
3. Human beings, despite what fundamentalists would have you believe, are not the only intelligent species to have lived on this planet. There were definitely other tool using species in the same genu that human beings belong to. Some of those species lived at least for a while at the same time as some of our homo sapien ancestors. Fundamentalists can only resolve that either by denying those species existed or by including them under the definition of human.
4. The Bible doesn't talk about other worlds. The Earth is the center of the universe in the Bible and the only world. We now know that the moon is a world in its own right, but the ancients who recited Genesis as an oral tradition before it was ever written down did not think that the moon was a world. It was just an object that traveled across the sky.
5. So even those who are sure that the rapture will happen (I am not one of them), cannot truthfully answer whether or not it will happen on other planets, since we don't even know if there is intelligent life there or not.
6. Those saying anything on other worlds can only be demons are taking great liberties with the Bible. It did not talk about other worlds, and ancient Hebrews thought that human beings were the only intelligent race to have ever lived on our world. It would not have occurred to them, even if God tried to convey it, that there could be other intelligences, and so they assumed that God made everything for human beings.
- VeschengroLv 68 months ago
no cos theres no such thing
- PubliusLv 78 months ago
When it is time for those planets to be glorified, yes. Not at the same time as ours.
- PaulLv 78 months ago
No way of knowing.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- BJLv 78 months ago
No such thing as the rapture.
The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17.
The word “rapture” does not occur in the inspired Scriptures.
If all faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, how would you explain this scripture?
Psalms 37:29 The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
when you die, all good people go to heaven, then if that is so, where do the righteous that live on earth forever come from if all righteous are in heaven.
- 8 months ago
SURE, i think it will happen in Canada also......
- 8 months ago
that is not known to any mortal here on Earth
- SOJLv 48 months ago
There is no alien world and there will be no rapture in the Christian narrative. The "rapture" biblically is Christ actually coming back with all of his angels to wage war on the wicked. Why do you think they keep making movies about alien invasions?
- glcangLv 78 months ago
You must mean the crapture.
- Orange NixonLv 58 months ago
Only one aliens worlds and in Marvel
- Anonymous8 months ago
The rapture is 100% as likely to happen on other planets as it is on earth.