Why do Trump supporters choose bogus projects like the wall to dump billions onto rather than education?

87 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

i think that inner city detroit needs improvement most likely.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

They honestly think it will solve all of our problems at the border.

• 10 months ago

Initially, Trump got the idea of building a wall from Roger Stone--who although being a lunatic, is a smart political operative.  Wasn't something he had a great deal of passion about until taking it for a test drive--in between talking about himself-- at one of his Carnival/Circus Road Shows and realizing it was something which would resonate with his supporters.  And, although it was obvious fantasy which should have been beyond belief, the line about magically making Mexico pay for the wall's construction was a winner becoming the first of his Greatest Hits.

That said, knowing nothing about immigration, education or any government related function or issue for that matter, Trump was never serious about any policy or "project" either during the campaign or after.

Subsequent to your question, education is boring and not something which could have been chanted in some type of catchy phrase which threatens, intimidates or places the blame on others in an Us vs them narrative.  Also, Education is the great equalizer that raises all boats, gives everyone a chance and is the complete antithesis to divisive B.S. like MAGA.    Then again, they might build a Charter school with Local Block Grant money. 

• The Me
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Why is this a democrat/Republican issue?  Why have we made the security and safety of our country a political party based question?  The fact is that we need to stoop illegal immigration.  Too many legal immigrants voting for politicians who refuse to fight illegal immigration muddy the waters and cloud the issue.  The Democrats make the stand against a wall, and therefore against security, as a desperate bid to get the minority vote to prop them up and get them elected.  They confuse the issue of a wall with the issue of disliking Donald Trump.  They also confuse the issue of disliking their chosen one, Hillary Clinton, being beaten by someone with that someone being evil. They would have attacked Gandhi if he were in office as a Republican.  The OLD loud mouth Pelosi needs to retire.  Forever.  Quickly.  

As for your opinion about the wall.  Have you ever done border patrol at the US/Mexico border?  I have.  Have you ever sat and watched the number of illegal immigrants pouring across our border?  I have.  What are you basing your opinion on?  Are your spouting rhetoric you heard on television?  What is your education level?  Are you educated by the same device you heard about the wall on?  Good luck with that.

The only real shame of the matter is that there are Americans, a term I use loosely, who believe this drivel.  At least is keeps many of them off the streets and gives them something to do as they wile away their unemployed days. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Cite for us the part of the Constitution that mentions "education" as an area of responsibility of the federal government.  BETCHA CAN'T!!  Now read Article 4, Section 4.  The wall is intended to protect us from invasion by criminal migrants.

• 10 months ago

Mass immigration is driving down wages on a major level. A wall is one of the best things the government could be spending money on.

• 10 months ago

Because Democrits had rather spend it on ILLEGALS and Force American Children in California to learn Spanish, how to have oral sex, Transgender crap, etc.

You don't believe it.. research it it out its true they are teaching crap in Cali. Schools which are controlled by Democrits..

OH that's right your a Democrit. YOU do not do actual research for the truth.

OH and how about the FACT. OVER 250 BILLION DOLLARS has already been spent on ILLEGALS which should have went to schools for AMERICAN CITIZENS.

• 10 months ago

You can spend one year paying paying $20 billion for a wall or you can spend countless years on repeat paying $20 billion for all the money wasted on supporting non-legal residents. Your call.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I'm at a loss as to why people thing education should require so much money?

Knowledge and books are already out there , how expensive can they really be?

• 10 months ago

why are the democrats the only party to ever cut education funding ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.