MarkR
MarkR asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 8 months ago

"Please state if you have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance and SCI eligibility."  How do I answer this on a job application?

I don't have the ability to get a clearance on my own because I am not currently sponsored by a government agency. I am an American citizen with no criminal record.

They are asking if you have any background problems that would prevent you from being able to get a clearance. Answer Yes since you > can < get a clearance (according to the info in your question).

Do you fully meet ALL requirements to obtain such a clearance if you were to be hired? Of course, you need to know (& demonstrate you know) about security clearances as this is apparently a requirement of the position. Do your homework! Fast!

if you want to be considered for employment you need to check yes as it is a requirement for the position. If you have no criminal record and have lied a relatively clean lifestyle you'll have no problem.

Then you'll have to answer YES to the question. Secret clearance is fairly easy to get.

http://project-scope.org/college-workforce/clearan...

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
  • martin

Then your answer is "yes," because they want to see if you have a clean record, and are implying that perhaps later on, you may have a job with them requiring a Secret Clearance.

The answer is NO, because you can't get it. Your not currently sponsored by a government agency or government contractor working with the government.

• Jenny

Yes, unless you have a criminal record or have been denied, you have the ability.

• Jim

Then you answer yes.