Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 months ago

Did Disney ruin the name Anna?

Literally every time I see the name written down I'm tempted to say "Aaah-nuh" thanks to that dumb Frozen franchise, when it's supposed to be pronounced "Ann-uh".Are people more likely to use the former pronunciation now?

Yes they may have ruined the name Elsa too but at least they kept the original pronounciation. 

It's supposed to pronounced An-nah. Any English speaking person would know how to pronounced it correctly. 

• Kevin

Aaah-nah and Ann-uh are the exact same

I didn't watch Frozen, so no. You didn't have to watch it or pay attention to it. While I'm aware of the characters Elsa and Anna, I still read Anna normally.

~Kate Yelkovan~

No. There's no right or wrong way to pronounce it

Aaanah is Ana. Anna is just a boring name to me

Nope it's still good

No, they didn't ruin it. It's just a movie.

No they haven't . And who really cares ?

• Tulip

Who even cares????

I've heard it pronounced both ways (and both ways are correct, depending where a person is from), so no, they did not ruin the name.