Should I request a personal loan and move out?

I got out of the navy over the summer and going to graduate school.  I’m 29 and love with my parents.  I pay them 200-300 a month and like 300 a month on food.  I’ve spent all the money I’ve saved on student loans, and a bed/desk (things to make living here more comfortable), so I don’t have any money but my credit is great.  

Should I move out?

No.  Save your money and finish school ASAP.  

Besides, unless you have good income, you’re probably not going to get approved for a personal loan, even with good credit.  

Have you checked to see what of your graduate study costs the Navy will cover?  If your course qualifies, they can give you a grant of $20,000 a year towards tuition, books etc.  Depending on your field of study you may be able to get work tutoring undergrads, some graduate students teach classes, look into that too as it will make your studies free.

Don't even think of taking out a personal loan.  Stay at home. Depending on when graduate school starts, you might be able to rebuild your savings cushion by working until you start.  What have you been doing since leaving the Navy?

• Judy

Not without a job. If you don't have any savings or a job, you won't get a personal loan or an apartment either.

Unless you have a job and can afford monthly expenses without taking on debt - NO.

• k w

no, save up more than you need, and don't flash the cash man, and don't spendit like a drunken sailor.....once you got dbl of what you need, you can but if you love your folks and get along, why bother...just keep squirreling that stuff away for a rainy day........

til you feel the need to bust a move......maybe thats now, maybe not,

• Eva

You aren't going to get a loan unless you have an established job and income. They want to be sure you have sufficient income to make the payments.

And you would trust advice from random strangers who know nothing about you?

yes. worthless scum of a family you have *****.

Personal loans are the toughest type of loan to get.  Many banks don't do them at all and, those that do, only give them to their best customers with the best credit.

Do you have any income from working?If not, looking for a personal loan is probably a waste of time.