Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 8 months ago

In a complicated between the inch height like this, what should I claim?

When i wake up in the morning, I stand at 5'11.65 and few minutes before I go to sleep late at night, I stand at 5'11.40. When i measure in shoes, im almost at 6'1.have a slim build with a short torso and long legs. 

Now my question to u is, what do i claim? If i claim 6 feet, its not really accurately true, if i claim 5'11 - thats a 100% lie, if i say 5'11.5 i sound like a baby who says im 5 and a half years old. Or should i go yolo and claim 6'1, since every 5'9 5'10 guy is claiming 6 feet these days. Anyways what should i claim? What do people who have in between inch heights like mine, claim?

• Bort

This isn't the end of the world. Not that big of a deal. Height really isn't used for much other than an approximation is given when a person is being described so they can be identified.

"How tall were they?"

A person isn't going to be able to answer:

"He was 5 feet 11 and 3/8 inches tall."

They say: Eh...he was maybe around 6 feet.

Use 6 feet.

6'0" (six feet)

• W

You are overthinking this. Use the stocking feet measurement.

Never in my life have I ever heard of anyone measuring in terms of .40  or .65 inches.

That's absurd. Pick a round inch up or down, whichever you prefer.

A half inch can be the difference between an inhale or an exhale or how much caffeine you had that day.

• Judy

Round it to nearest half inch, without shoes. Say 5'11-1/2". You're making this much more complicated than it is. Whoever is asking doesn't care about 1/4 of an inch. EVERYONE varies a little during the day.

No one cares......