Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 8 months ago

Is it a sign of autism if a baby never sleeps ?

My baby is 8 months old and some nights he has really bad nights where he'll be asleep on your shoulder until you put him in his crib, then he'll start crying and waking up several times a night.. but some times he can sleep through the whole night. He has good and bad nights and last night was a bad night. He woke up 4 times last night and only slept an hour then woke up again..

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

No, it isn't, effing idiot. It is normal because you're babying him too much. Crying is normal, so GET OVER YOURSELF.

• sarah
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Judging by the fact that my seven-month-old has very similar sleep patterns and neither her pediatrician, nor any of my family/friends with older children have seemed concerned when I've mentioned it, I'm gonna go with no. A friend of mine who has a baby three months older than my daughter says it's just sleep regression. I have another friend with a one-year-old who still wakes up several times a night, while some of my friends have babies who have slept like a champ since day one. It just depends on the kid, really.

• 8 months ago

That is a normal pattern of sleep for an eight month old.

• Logan
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

No. You have regular fussy baby.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

8 month olds don't have signs of autism

• 8 months ago

I don't think so.

• 8 months ago

Nope

That kid is sleeping and its NORMAL for a child that young to cry a lot when its mother coddles it all the time and doesn't let the child cry it out 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.