Bob asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Can video of me riding a dirt bike on the road be used in court.?

Can a youtube video of me on a dirt bike riding down the road be used against me in court, is there a disclaimer I could use so it couldn't be used in court. It would be my video on my channel.

Favorite Answer

A Youtube video is public accessible. If the police found it and saved it, it can be sued. Maybe the question you need to ask is can they prove it was you in the video. Okay they may say it was your bike and so if it was not you then who was using it, to that you would say you are happy to provide that information if they can tell you on what date they are asking about.

• Anon

Dirt bikes have no plates. If VIN number, if Any , not visible in picture, by law, no positive, legal ID, Most wear a Full-Face Helmet when riding, Too., 

• Anon

So many cross roads on dirt bikes, cops have No Time to bust every one. We have have a  dedicated sheriff patrol to get dirt bikes, ATC's, etc, off private property,like cotton fields Farmers complain, the Cotton gets damaged, it's a cash crop. Enforcement follows the $$. 

Well yes, of course video evidence can be used in court.

No, there is no disclaimer you can use.

NO disclaimer can possibly prevent the video from being used as evidence. You left out WHAT it could potentially be evidence for.

it might if it will help

If the video was pertinent to the case, yes it could. The only stuff that can't be used in court would be information that was privileged. Privileged information would be material shared between you and your lawyer, doctor, and sometimes your spouse. Videos posted to YouTube are not privileged, but rather public.

• Nuff Sed

The rules of evidence exclude far more than just "privileged" information!  "Hearsay" is one well-known (if vastly misunderstood) rule for excluding evidence that is not privileged.

i would ask your lawyer about it

If you upload a video, it's open to public discussion and if a police officer from your city happens to view it while eating a donut and says, hey, I know that street, then yes, they could pursue charges.  However, with something like that, they probably wouldn't make a big fuss. 

Once you post it on YouTube, you're making it public. So of course they can.

• Huh?

Yes it can be used against you. 

• Anon

Dirt bikes have NO LICENSE PLATE.  Most who ride DO wear a  FULL FACE HELMET.