My package was "out for delivery" but now it's available for pickup?

My package arrived at the post office at 9am and was out for delivery (by USPS) shortly. I never got my package and now the tracking status says it's available for pickup at 5:20pm? I was wondering what that mean't or what could've happened. Also wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I WAS HOME when the mail came. My dad was even outside fixing his truck. :/

• Bort

It might need a signature to be delivered or something and they may have attempted to get someone to come to the door when they attempted delivering it to get the signature it needs and nobody came to the door to sign for it. So by policy they take it back to the office and place it available for pickup.

Or...the carrier person was lazy and didn't want to wait at the door for someone to sign for it.

Just go pick it up, it'll make your life easier. And you'll have the package.

• Lilo2 months agoReport

Yeah, I can go pick it up but I'll also have to file a complaint :/. I was home all day and was waiting at the window for my order. I guess the mail lady was too lazy to come up to the door but not surprising for USPS.

It means you weren't home when the mail came, so they're going to bring it back to the post office later and you can go there to get it or you can have them deliver it another day.

My guess is that your package is lost.

• edward

They went to your home and you weren’t there...or like at my house they didn’t even bother to knock

• Lilo2 months agoReport

True, except I was home. :/ I guess they didn't bother or it'll come some other day.

It basically means they’ll try to deliver again tomorrow. Sometimes it really means the package got damaged and is heading back to the sender.