Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

How to tell if I actually have ADHD?

I have read up on the symptoms and I match all the symptoms of the inattentive type. I have suspected have ADHD for a very long time. However, I am not sure if it is just confirmation bias and I m just trying to use something to explain my lack of motivation and forgetfulness. How do you actually determine if you have ADHD?

When my daughter was diagnosed, observations by parents and teachers were taken into account as well ss the doctors own assrssment.

She was then trialled on medication for a week followed by no medication for a week with teachers not informed. It was planned to ask teaching staff if they had observed any changes at the end of 2 weeks but they all initiated contact regarding the miraculous change followed by relapse before that could be done.

• LAN

You see a doctor.  Just like every other time you post this kind of moronic rant over and over.

I think you must go to a psychiatrist to get it confirmed.

The only way to determine if you have it is to go to your doctor, have them assess you and you'll be referred to neurology