Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 months ago

My mom chose her new husband over me and I don’t know what to do ?

My mom left me for a guy, I’m 16 years old 

My mom met this guy through a dating app they started dating he has kids of his own she then started to rush into the relationship they got married after the first month at home then in a Muslim mosque as he’s Muslim , they then started coming over to our house at the weekends to sleep here then my mom would leave me in the house for days by myself and take my younger brother and leave for days my younger brothers dad got annoyed and he decided he his son won’t go there to her husbands house so my mom came up with an idea he’ll move in and live here in our house while it’s been 3 months and my mom won’t move back home no matter how many times I cried and told her I want her back she just calls me hypocrite and says all I want is money I recently flew to my dad who I didn’t see for 7 years abroad and while I was over there she’d constantly threaten me and she’d tell me I was a failed abortion that she wishes a foster family could take me and that im a whore and a ***** and it hurt so much hearing that from your own mom it hurts by a lot towards the end of my time with my dad she asked me to bring her back a big pack of cigarettes and I siad no I’m 16 and I’ve no space in my bag she then started threathing me cursing at me and she told me she won’t collect me from the airport keep in mind the airport from my house was like 4 and half hours by bus She said she won’t collect me I’m running out of dove I’ll write the rest in the comments

If there's any way for you to go live with your father that would be the optimal arrangement. If you can't do that then you should probably just contact your local child protective authority and explain that you're an abandoned minor. Foster care would be preferable to trying to live alone at your age.

You need to report her to Child Protective Services for child abuse. Tell them how she treats you and what she has been saying to you. 

You need to get an adult involved in this. Pick someone at school that you like. You should not have to deal with this alone.

Talk to school about this or contact childline. This is not acceptable!

• Ann

Kinga, where does your grandfather live?  Could you live with your grandparents?  You do not need to be around your mother and this husband.  They're both abusive to you.  I would advise you to try to contact a relative who might help you until you're 18 (legal age to be declared an adult).  If you are in school, find a responsible adult at the school to tell what is happening to you.

I'm sorry for the terrible abusive treatment your mother has subjected you to. It doesn't sound like your mother is a safe or healthy influence in your life at this time. While I cannot accurately judge a person I don't know, she doesn't appear to have your best interests at heart, and you may need space from her until she can work out her issues, get her life together, and be a decent parent. If your father is a safe and viable option, it may be good to stay with him, or perhaps with other safe relatives or friends. You're still a child and you need safe, healthy influences in your life to support you. 

I'm sorry you have such awful parents, dear.

maybe you should stay with your dad then

You are 16 and I assume you live somewhere in Europe. Privately go and talk to someone at Social Services and see if they can help you. You are sort-of homeless. Your mother/stepfather don't want you and neither does your father. Perhaps they can get you some sort of independent accommodation or some sort of foster home where you will be safe from your abusive mother/stepfather for a few years until you can be totally independent. If you are still at school, see the counsellor there for advice. Good luck

and that I’ve to get the bus by myself I then told her I’ll buy her the cigarettes and she then decided she’ll pick me just because I bought her the cigarettes they got thrown out at the airport it wasn’t my fault she told me she’s coming with her husband I really do not like him so I asked her to just not come and I’ll manage myself and she cane anyway and she was there with him I took my bags and went to change my money into euros and as I was changing my money I can hear her husband say come back here now screaming at me I changed my money and went to take a seat to organize myself he then cane over to me started calling me a ***** and whore he tried hitting me and I told him he had no rights to do my mom started trying to go at me but he walked away and she ran after him he hit her and she came back crying as she came back crying I was still doing my best to be here for her after all she’s my mom we got the bus home together and after we got the bus she came home and she left the next day saying she’s just gonna get her stuff from his house and come back she never came back I decided him so tired of things and I’ll text her husband and tell him I’m gonna report what he had done to me and that he broke my family and stuff and my mom rang me begging not to report them as his children could get taken away from him as I know a lot how he hits his children how he tried hitting me after that my mom gave up and she decided she’ll threaten me and she siad she’s gonna go report me for threathing her I really don’t know what to do I’ve no body my dad can’t take care of me as he works out the country all the time I told my grandad who doesn’t live in the same country as me