Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 10 months ago

Why do people have children? ?

I mean in this day and age now there’s contraception available etc. 

I’m 16 and have one older sister and we’ve never done anything as a family, my dad works full time and my mum is a housewife. We don’t get any Xmas presents and no pocket money never have done. I’ve had a part time job since I was 14 to pay for my own school stuff and clothes so I won’t get picked on. We never spend any time as a family, have never been on holiday. I don’t get why my parents had me when they never spend time with me and don’t encourage me. My mum is always mad and says we can’t afford anything, it makes me feel bad about being here. At school recently the teacher asked us all what we are doing for Christmas and when I said nothing staying home every day except working because we have no money she said that is really bad. All my other classmates are seeing family or going on holiday and think I’m sad. I don’t understand why my parents had me when we don’t do anything together, so am asking here why do people have children?

Well, clearly since your family isn't perfect no one should even attempt to raise kids. Think about how little sense that makes.

not all parents are like that, people have sex and then kids happen

People don’t know if they’ll be good parents until they’re in that position. And while you claim you’ve missed out on a lot due to financial difficulty, you’ve succeeded as a worker, self provider, and openly contribute in class. Those are virtues (while you may not see it as that presently) you’re miles ahead of your peers, and a credit to your parents. Consider too that you’ve helped your parent’s struggles in being a superior offspring, and you ease a lot of their pain despite.

I’m certain that wasn’t the plan. Sometimes life gets harder than you thought it would be.