Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 9 months ago

What stock should I invest in and why?

• Sandy

notice what you see going on around you. watch what people buy and notice what they're excited about. read the news and see what's going on in the world. read about what's going on in medical research, the military, pharmacology, cannabis, etc. when you find a stock symbol, use Yahoo Finance to learn about it. use the tabs to find out who else is buying it, the conversations about it, and it will give you a list of other companies that are similar. 

none, the stock market will probably crash if I broke math.

Totally depends on your investment goals, risk perimeters, other investments, etc.    For general wealth building for those starting out I recommend building positions in 10 blue chip dividend paying companies with a history of raising dividends before investing in anything more speculative.   The S&P Dividend Aristocrat (etc) lists are a great starting point. 

• A.J.

"What goes up must come down. Spinnin' wheel got to go 'round. Talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin. Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spin." - from Blood, Sweat & Tears, 1968.Prepare for a large decline. Stock prices are overvalued and the US economy is built on success at the top which is unsustainable. Decide about your risk tolerance and as a Las Vegas resident, if you don't realize it's gambling, don't buy any. My own estimated risk decline on a 30% stock market value crash is about

(6.4% x 30%) + (5.2% x 10%) + (29.6% x 20%) + (58.8% x 1%) = about 9%

As to what I have invested today, no individual equity common stock at over 1% of my holdings with

- total individual common stock only 6.4%

CFG (Citizens Financial), SYKE, RDS/B (Shell oil B shares), BKR (Baker Hughes), AYR (Aircastle - merger buyout pending), EXC (Excellon utility), MUFG (Mitsubishi Bank Japan), PRU (Prudential Financial), F (Ford Motor), AIG (insurance), COP (Conoco petroleum), KSS (Kohl's dept store), FSI (Flexible Solution), RTIX (RTI Surgical), MNK (MALLINCKRODT pharma), +5 other of minimal value.

- Preferred Stocks 4 holdings 5.2%

RLJ A (RLJ LODGING 7.8%), SSWA (SEASPAN CORP 7.125%), GDL prC (GAMCO INVESTORS 4%), BGE Pr (BUNGE LIMITED 4.875%)

- Mutual Funds and investment funds 8 holdings 29.6%

JABAX (Janus Balanced stock-bonds), A private total US equity fund, GTLLX (Large caps), A private REIT index Fund, TY (TRI CONTINENTAL Closed End Fund), A private small cap value index fund, TWO (Two Harbors Investment), ADX (Adams Diversified)

- Bonds, bond funds, money market, cash 58.8%

• zeno

Stocks that are less volatile and that are not

Over priced and have enthusiasm as they

Regularly show weekly slow gains. They should

Grow gradually through out the year and pull

Back at the end of the year due to IRS income tax Reasons. Stocks that have declined all

Year should be avoided. Stocks that show no

Enthusiasm like ford should be avoided. Look

For consistent growth and little volatility or

Sharp rises and falls in stock prices. I collect

The names of stocks scrolled across the tv

Screen on mad money that show a good increase in gains and check to see how it has

Performed this year. If it is as I have outlined

I will buy it at it's yearly low. How much you

Buy if a private business area. That is your

Business and should not be discussed with

Anyone. Good luck.

s&p 500 index fund. Because its been proven to increase over the very long term and you have no idea what you are doing.

FNILX is one with no fees.

One that you understand what it is they do or produce and you believe will gain in value.

on the predicted betting website you'll find people betting that Donald Trump will get thrown out of office by the end of his first term it's a stock it's a penny stock. Take your bet against them it's sure money