Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Does anyone routinely travel interstate at 150+ mph?

An associate of mine tells me he travelled at around 150 mph on his bike on an hour trip, making for a 25 minute ride instead of the full hour. This got me curious if y'all know of anyone that routinely travels long distances on the highway at double or more the speed limit, and how it works out for them.

Don't believe everything people tell you.

• Scott

No, and neither does your "associate".

• Zheia

I knew of someone who motorcycled from Portsmouth to Leicester in 2 hours, when it would normally take at least 3 to 4 hours.

Nope.  Too much stuff on the road - potholes, bits of tire, fan belts, dead dogs, dead cats, live crows feasting on the remains., other stuff.

• Erik

I think he's just taking the piss, as the English say.

• Jason

No, I wouldn't think skidding down the road at 150mph would be a pleasurable experience. I'd rather cruise on a Harley Davidson than get myself killed on a crotch rocket. 

As a long time driver, I have never seen anyone zip past me at anything close to that speed. Your associate/friend, in my opinion, has a death wish! Especially driving at that speed on a bike! He is a danger to himself and anyone driving near him!

He’s lying. There is no way anyone can travel 150 mph on the freeway in the United States. One little bump is going to send him flying. There is not one single freeway that doesn’t have any potholes. 

• Dze

i doubt routinely .. ive seen an hour run turn into a 20 minute run before though ...