Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Does anyone routinely travel interstate at 150+ mph?

An associate of mine tells me he travelled at around 150 mph on his bike on an hour trip, making for a 25 minute ride instead of the full hour. This got me curious if y'all know of anyone that routinely travels long distances on the highway at double or more the speed limit, and how it works out for them.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Don't believe everything people tell you.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, and neither does your "associate".

• Zheia
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I knew of someone who motorcycled from Portsmouth to Leicester in 2 hours, when it would normally take at least 3 to 4 hours.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nope.  Too much stuff on the road - potholes, bits of tire, fan belts, dead dogs, dead cats, live crows feasting on the remains., other stuff.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think he's just taking the piss, as the English say.

• Jason
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, I wouldn't think skidding down the road at 150mph would be a pleasurable experience. I'd rather cruise on a Harley Davidson than get myself killed on a crotch rocket. 

• 2 months ago

As a long time driver, I have never seen anyone zip past me at anything close to that speed. Your associate/friend, in my opinion, has a death wish! Especially driving at that speed on a bike! He is a danger to himself and anyone driving near him!

• 2 months ago

He’s lying. There is no way anyone can travel 150 mph on the freeway in the United States. One little bump is going to send him flying. There is not one single freeway that doesn’t have any potholes. 

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i doubt routinely .. ive seen an hour run turn into a 20 minute run before though ...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.